English Language Arts Standards » Reading: Informational Text » Kindergarten
Standards in this strand:
Key Ideas and Details
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.K.1 With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.K.2 With prompting and support, identify the main topic and retell key details of a text.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.K.3 With prompting and support, describe the connection between two individuals, events, ideas, or pieces of information in a text.
Craft and Structure
Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.K.7 With prompting and support, describe the relationship between illustrations and the text in which they appear (e.g., what person, place, thing, or idea in the text an illustration depicts).
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.K.8 With prompting and support, identify the reasons an author gives to support points in a text.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.K.9 With prompting and support, identify basic similarities in and differences between two texts on the same topic (e.g., in illustrations, descriptions, or procedures).
Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity